Are you a Housing Association or Council tenant?

As a tenant living in a council or housing association property, you have the right to live in a safe and well-maintained home.

Average Compensation - £1350


What counts as a Home disrepair claim?

Maintenance issues which cause health problems, or directly put anyone in the household at risk, or cause high and sustained levels of stress and suffering, can be considered Home disrepair claims. Here are some common examples:

  • A faulty boiler or heating system
  • A faulty gas, electricity or water supply
  • Damp and Mould
  • Vegetation growth/build-up on the building’s exterior
  • A faulty toilet, bath, shower or sinks
  • Broken or faulty guttering, downpipes or drainage
  • Damaged or worn brickwork resulting in damp or leaks
  • Unsafe flooring
  • An unsafe staircase

Damp or mould on walls / ceilings

A faulty boiler or heating system

A faulty gas, electricity or water supply

Damaged or worn brickwork resulting in damp or leaks

How can we help?

We assess all Home disrepair claims free of charge. We determine how successful a claim could be without you spending a penny! If we believe you have a good case we will introduce you to our expert team of solicitors who will act for you on a no win no fee basis*

Our expert team of housing repair solicitors are dedicated to clients, ensuring the best outcome is made available to you and support is given every step of the way!

Each client will be assigned to one of our experts who will carry out their case from beginning to completion.

They will will work on your behalf to ensure your landlord carries out any necessary repairs and recover any compensation due.

Here are some answers to frequently asked questions.

As a tenant of any house you have certain rights. One of those is that your landlord has an obligation to keep your home safe and in a reasonable state of repair. They also have a duty to make sure that any defects you report to then are repaired in a timely manner.  If they do not do that you have a right to make a claim to ensure your landlord makes the necessary repairs and potentially receive compensation!

If you have any problems with your local council house or a housing association property such as any damage internally or externally, then it is very likely you have a claim. Contact us and let us see if we can help you.

You will need to get in touch with us first; we can call you back to avoid you incurring charges.  You will then speak to one of our specialist advisors who will do a quick assessment of your case.  After this, if appropriate, we will arrange for someone to visit your home and take pictures of any damage.  After we have documentary evidence we will introduce you to one of our specialist solicitors to work on your case on a ‘No Win -No Fee*’ basis. You can then relax, whilst your solicitor does the rest!

  • Years of experience
  • A brilliant track record bringing claims
  • An expert team of trusted solicitors
  • We’ll guide and assist you through the process
  • We always put the client first

Who can I claim against?

If you have reported your problems to the landlord but it has not been fixed within a reasonable timeframe, you may be able to bring a claim.

Your home is your castle, and nobody should have to tolerate living somewhere that is unsafe or not fit for purpose. We take Home disrepair claims seriously, and it is our pleasure to pursue rogue landlords on your behalf. We will ensure your rights are not ignored. Our team of expert solicitors specialise in getting justice for you.